I am a full stack LAMP developer with wide and growing experience delivering all aspects of web applications, including front-end and backend development, responsive web design, API integrations, and SEO. I'm a team player, and have a passion for all things tech and figuring things out, continually learning different skills and new technologies. I love clean code, modern UI/UX, and beautiful design.
I'm a natural and tenacious problem-solver. I love to learn, and continually push the boundaries of my knowledge. My love for code motivates me, and watching dynamic web applications come together excites me.
I have been working with PHP since the early 2000s. I have a love of clean interfaces, clean code, and I have years of experience with both the backend and front-end production of modern websites. I'm equally at home in server-side PHP code as I am in user-facing designs and interfaces.
• Responsible for creating new SOAP and cURL API integrations in PHP and maintaining existing integrations for a large number of lead buyer systems
• Worked on the MoneyToday android app, implementing UI/UX design using Ionic framework, AngularJS and Cordova
• Designed and developed a systematic interface using PHP and the Yii framework, as well as the MySQL schema, for creating, and dynamically implementing and administering the ability to filter leads, which moved those filters from developer-maintained code to an external administration tool, and subsequently freeing up several hours of valuable developer time daily
• Created numerous innovative website and form designs using Bootstrap, jQuery, and other modern technologies, standards and interfaces, achieving a 30% lead conversion rate
• Part of a small Agile team responsible for designing and developing an enterprise-level website, including custom shopping cart application for a site expected to reach $5 million in sales within the first two years
• Researched and pioneered use of the Symfony 2 framework for a scalable, enterprise application while documentation was still non-existent, with a heavy emphasis on scalable, performant code
• Developed the customer account management, admin price reports, and customer registration for e-commerce web application, as well as all front-end templates using Twig templating engine
• Co-architected the 100-table normalized MySQL schema using Doctrine 2 ORM
• Fully-automated the functional testing of the shopping cart checkout process using PHPUnit and Selenium HD, which saved the team 6 hours for each bi-weekly testing cycle
• Wrote complex MySQL queries and exported into MS Excel reports as requested
• Met with department managers to develop custom PHP solutions for individual needs on a case-by-case basis
• Developed an administration website for managing client’s existing database system using PHP, MySQL, jQuery and AJAX
• Maintained and managed client’s existing website built with CakePHP
• Layout and design for newspaper pages, which includes editing copy according to AP Style, writing headlines and cropping photographs, with extensive use of Adobe Indesign and Photoshop.
• Integrated custom-themed Joomla CMS modules for events calendar, sermons, and photo gallery
• Extensively modified existing free sermon module using CSS, PHP and Object-Oriented concepts to maintain the desired look, feel, and functionality, completely altering the original appearance
• Transferred audio teaching tapes and CDs to website, and edited audio files as needed
• Original website design and Joomla CMS template created using GIMP and Inkscape
• Responsible for the look and feel of various mailers, flyers, brochures, cards, handouts, bookmarks, and booklets for retreats, events, outreach, and promotion
• Designed nearly all printed materials using Scribus, Inkscape, Gimp, Adobe Indesign and Photoshop
• Prepared and assembled items as needed (booklets, bindings, laminating, finishing)
Completed a year at the Maine College of Art in the Graphic Design program.